Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Have Cast My Vote Of Hope

It was 11:00 a.m. as I stand outside the polling precinct, the specter of voters, political parties' and PPRCV representatives is nowhere in sight. There were no underpaid teachers and COMELEC representative too. Instead, an Embassy staff  welcomes me with a warm smile as I present my Voter's ID - I AM AN OAV VOTER.

With the old-fashioned technology, I was handed with the ballot sheet neatly folded and I was directed to the vacant chairs that awaits me in the comfortable air conditioned room of the Embassy designated as Voting Cell.

As I took my seat,  I carefully opened and spread the ballot sheet, where I need to manually write the names of my selected candidates on the lines provided, this is far from the GMA-7's Sexbomb Girls' music video entitled Bilog na "Hugis Itlog" which shows a ballot sheets with pre-printed names of official 2010 candidates. This time I need the aid of my "kodiko", a piece of paper that contains my preferred candidates that I have personally chosen over the past two weeks guided by my conscience, faith and political belief.

I started filling the ballot sheet with my Senatorial bet as I glance on my "kodiko", women senatorial hopefuls top my list, Susan 'Toots' Ople, Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel, Yasmin Lao and Sonia Rocco. Next was Frank Drillon, the only seasoned legislator in my list followed by new and young senatorial hopefuls who were less popular to the masses, among them is Ruffy Biazon, Alex Lacson and Neric Acosta.

For my Presidential bet, it was a difficult choice, I was looking for a candidate that is God fearing, incorruptible,  well educated and a no-trapo image in the political arena which leads me to choose between Noynoy and Gordon. But the center stage was set between Villar, Erap and Noynoy - this dictates me to give my vote of confidence to NOYNOY AQUINO,  despite being underrated for his performance in the Senate, I believe that Noynoy can lead our nation to be a less corrupt nation and with MAR ROXAS for my chosen VP.

As I cast my vote through the provided OAV brown ballot box,  I pray that may the new proclaimed leaders of our land be our new Moses and Aaron of our time, may they lead us to the end of the dark tunnel of poverty, hunger and corruption.

As leave the Embassy compound, my heart is filled with pride and enthusiasm; and with a grinning smile I look at my finger nails - clean and free from indelible ink, being an OAV  really makes a difference.


When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you and have taken possession of it and settled in it, and you say, “Let us set a king over us like all the nations around us,” be sure to appoint over you the king the LORD your God chooses. He must be from among your own brothers. Do not place a foreigner over you, one who is not a brother Israelite. The king, moreover, must not acquire great numbers of horses for himself or make the people return to Egypt to get more of them, for the LORD has told you, “You are not to go back that way again.” He must not take many wives, or his heart will be led astray. He must not accumulate large amounts of silver and gold. When he takes the throne of his kingdom, he is to write for himself on a scroll a copy of this law, taken from that of the priests, who are Levites. It is to be with him, and he is to read it all the days of his life so that he may learn to revere the LORD his God and follow carefully all the words of this law and these decrees and not consider himself better than his brothers and turn from the law to the right or to the left. Then he and his descendants will reign a long time over his kingdom in Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:14-20)

4 comments:

  1. Kung sino man ang manalo at maging pinuno ng ating mahal na bansa sana'y gabayan ito ng nasa itaas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a revelation!

    Kahit hindi ako makakaboto, natuwa na rin ako kasi si Aquino ang ibinoto niyo for president. U

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly po di ko kilala si yasmin lao. pero dahil binoto nyo po sya interested akong makilala sya. hindi pa kumpleto yung senatorial list ko eh. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails